Chris Hibbard, Painter and Print Maker — Biography
Born Bristol 1944.
Studied painting at Bath Academy of Art, 1968-1972 (Diploma in Art and Design, First Class Honours).
Westward TV Open Art Exhibition, 1971 (Non-Purchase Award).
Stowell's Trophy Exhibition, 1972 ICA (Non-Purchase Award).
Studied at Cardiff College of Art, 1972-1973 (Art Teacher Certificate).
Exhibited at various open exhibitions in Great Britain.
Exhibited by the Britsh Council, Odder, Denmark, 1975.
Work in Private and Public collections.
Taught in Special Education, 1974-2001.
Since 2006 has exhibited in Open Exhibitions including:
- Bankside Gallery
- Bath Society of Artists
- Centre Space Gallery
- Clifton Arts Club
- Grant Bradley Gallery
- Royal West of England Academy (RWA)
- Spike Island
- Workshop Wales
- Pay & Display Prize 2017 Exhibition, Centre Space Gallery, February 4th - February 15th, 2017
- 112th Open Exhibition 2017, Bath Society of Artists, 20th May - 15th July, 2017
- Bristol Pay & Display Open Submission Exhibition, Centre Space Gallery, March 4th - March 9th, 2016
- 111th Open Exhibition, Bath Society of Artists, 23rd April - 4th June, 2016
- Members Exhibition - Steak of the Art, Clifton Arts Club, 26th April - 4th June, 2016
- 108th Open Exhibition, Clifton Arts Club, 6th - 21st August, 2016
- 164th Annual Open Exhibition, RWA, 9th October - 27th November, 2016
- The Masters | Etching, Bankside Gallery London, 9th November - 20th November, 2016
- DRAWN - Open Submission Exhibition, Royal West of England Academy, 21st March - 7th June 2015
- 110th Summer Exhibition, Bath Society of Artists, 10th May - 27th June 2015
- New Visions V, Grant Bradley Gallery , Bristol 6th June - 11th August 2015
- 107th Annual Open Art Exhibition, Clifton Arts Club, 10th July - 25th July, 2015
- 163rd Annual Open Exhibition, RWA 4th October - 29th November, 2015.
- Members Exhibition - Steak of the Art, Clifton Arts Club, 3rd November - November November, 2015
- 161st Annual Open Exhibition, The Royal West of England Academy - 24th November 2013 - 26th January 2014
- Show & Tell, Grant Bradley Gallery - 8th March - 29th March 2014
- Bath Society of Artists 109th Annual Exhibition (Bath Society of Artists Graphics Prize), Victoria Art Gallery, Bath - 5th April - 31st May 2014
- Clifton Arts Club - Bristol Crown Court Robing Room 29th Sept. - 28th Nov.2014
- 162nd Open Exhibition, The Royal West of England Academy, 12th Oct - 7th Dec. 2014
- Cornucopia, Grant Bradley Gallery - 9th Feb - 2nd March
- Spike Open 2013, Bristol 4th May - 6th May
- New Visions 111, Grant Bradley Gallery 8th June - 27th July
- Annual Exhibition, Bath Society of Artists - 6th July - 31st August
- Open Exhibition, Clifton Arts Club - 20th July - 3rd August
- In Living Colour, Grant Bradley Gallery - 3rd August - 31st August
- Artist-connect, Corrigan Associates, Bristol - November 2013